EUCARIS, the EUropean CAR and driving licence Information System, is a system that connects countries so they can share vehicle and driving licence information and other transport related data. EUCARIS is not a database nor a central repository but an exchange mechanism that connects the Vehicle and Driving Licence Registration Authorities in Europe. EUCARIS is developed by and for governmental authorities and supports a.o. the fight against car theft and registration fraud.
The EUCARIS website
In addition to the general EUCARIS information, each country has its own page on this web site. You can visit these pages by clicking on the countries at the left side of the page. On the country pages, if provided by the respective Member State, you will find data about contact persons and the organisations that handle the vehicle and driving licence registration. You will also find information on recent developments and on the services and information that are available. Via the EUCARIS page of each country you can also surf to relevant national web sites.
- BREXIT effects on EUCARIS December 31st, 2020 - Due to BREXIT measurements, the UK no longer participates to the VDL, ERRU, RESPER, CBE and VAT services as of the 1st of January 2021. Situation UK: Only for the exchange of tachograph card information based on Council Regulation (EEC) no 3821/85 in combination with the respective AETR Agreement, the TACHOnet connection via TESTA will […]
- Successful online workshop on the future of EUCARIS July 14th, 2020 - Successful online workshop on the future of EUCARIS On 7 July EUCARIS organised an important online workshop on the challenges that lie ahead of EUCARIS in the coming years. Important matters like data-exchange with non-EUCARIS countries and improvement of the governance of the EUCARS network were presented. The workshop was concluded with an inspiring presentation […]
Scheduled events and meetings:
- 27-10-2021 – EUCARIS Technical Working Group
- 05 and 06-07-2021 – EUCARIS Technical Working Group
- 20-04-2021 – EUCARIS Technical Working Group
- 27-01-2021 – EUCARIS ProDriveNet Workshop
- 26-01-2021 – EUCARIS Technical Working Group
- United Kingdom (GB) disconnected fot VDL, CBE, ERRU, RSI, RESPER and VAT due to BREXIT - January 01st, 2021
- Finland (FIN2) connected for VATAll - December 09th, 2020
- Czech Republic (CZ) connected for all four VAT services - November 26th, 2020
- Estonia (EST) connected with the remaining 3 VAT services - November 11th, 2020
- Poland (PL) connected for VAT - October 23rd, 2020