EUCARIS, the EUropean CAR and driving licence Information System, is a system that connects countries so they can share vehicle and driving licence information and other transport related data. EUCARIS is not a database nor a central repository but an exchange mechanism that connects the Vehicle and Driving Licence Registration Authorities in Europe. EUCARIS is developed by and for governmental authorities and supports a.o. the fight against car theft and registration fraud.
The EUCARIS website
In addition to the general EUCARIS information, each country has its own page on this web site. You can visit these pages by clicking on the countries at the left side of the page. On the country pages, if provided by the respective Member State, you will find data about contact persons and the organisations that handle the vehicle and driving licence registration. You will also find information on recent developments and on the services and information that are available. Via the EUCARIS page of each country you can also surf to relevant national web sites.
- Started monitoring VAT service January 13th, 2020 - As from January 13th, 2020 EUCARIS Operations started monitoring the availability of the VAT service
- EUCARIS General Assembly 2019 October 17th, 2019 - This year the General Assembly looked back on the EUCARIS operation in 2018/2019 and looked ahead to 2020 and beyond. An important development at the moment is the use of EUCARIS to fight European VAT fraud; starting January 1st 2020 all Tax Authorities in Europe will be connected to EUCARIS for the exchange of vehicle […]
- Started monitoring VAT service - As from January 13th, 2020 EUCARIS Operations started monitoring the availability of the VAT service
- VH availability chart - VH availability and performance trend up to and including December 2019
- PRÜM availability chart - PRÜM availability and performance trend up to and including December 2019
- DL availability chart - DL availability and performance trend up to and including December 2019.
- Latvia (LV) connected to VAT - January 27th, 2020
- United Kingdom (GB) via EU HUB connected to ERRU 2.0 - January 22nd, 2020
- Italy (I) connected to VAT - January 13th, 2020
- Belgium (B) connected via EU HUB to ERRU 2 - January 08th, 2020
- Croatia (HR) connected to VAT - January 08th, 2020