EUCARIS, the EUropean CAR and driving licence Information System, is a system that connects countries so they can share vehicle and driving licence information and other transport related data. EUCARIS is not a database nor a central repository but an exchange mechanism that connects the Vehicle and Driving Licence Registration Authorities in Europe. EUCARIS is developed by and for governmental authorities and supports a.o. the fight against car theft and registration fraud.
The EUCARIS website
In addition to the general EUCARIS information, each country has its own page on this web site. You can visit these pages by clicking on the countries at the left side of the page. On the country pages, if provided by the respective Member State, you will find data about contact persons and the organisations that handle the vehicle and driving licence registration. You will also find information on recent developments and on the services and information that are available. Via the EUCARIS page of each country you can also surf to relevant national web sites.
- Decision to postpone the meeting of the EUCARIS General Assembly to the last week of October 2020 March 30th, 2020 - First of all we hope that you and your families are keeping safe and well during these difficult times. Additionally we would like to inform you of the changes that have been introduced in the EUCARIS program in response to the current crisis. EUCARIS General Assembly At the beginning of January the EUCARIS Secretariat sent […]
- Finland joined the EUCARIS Treaty March 19th, 2020 - We are excited to announce that Finland joined the EUCARIS Treaty since 1 December 2019. We welcome Finland as a Treaty Party!
- Started monitoring VAT service - As from January 13th, 2020 EUCARIS Operations started monitoring the availability of the VAT service
- VH availability chart - VH availability and performance trend up to and including December 2019
- PRÜM availability chart - PRÜM availability and performance trend up to and including December 2019
- DL availability chart - DL availability and performance trend up to and including December 2019.
- The Netherlands (NL) migrated to ERRU 2.0 (via EUCARIS) - May 28th, 2020
- Cyprus (CY) migrated to ERRU 2.0 (via EUCARIS) - May 28th, 2020
- France (F) connected for RSI (via EU HUB) - May 27th, 2020
- Estonia connected for VAT - May 26th, 2020
- Czech Republic (CZ) via EUCARIS connected to ERRU 2 - May 07th, 2020