EUCARIS, the EUropean CAR and driving licence Information System, is a system that connects countries so they can share vehicle and driving licence information and other transport related data. EUCARIS is not a database nor a central repository but an exchange mechanism that connects the Vehicle and Driving Licence Registration Authorities in Europe. EUCARIS is developed by and for governmental authorities and supports a.o. the fight against car theft and registration fraud.
The EUCARIS website
In addition to the general EUCARIS information, each country has its own page on this web site. You can visit these pages by clicking on the countries at the left side of the page. On the country pages, if provided by the respective Member State, you will find data about contact persons and the organisations that handle the vehicle and driving licence registration. You will also find information on recent developments and on the services and information that are available. Via the EUCARIS page of each country you can also surf to relevant national web sites.
- Virtual EReg/EUCARIS Academy on the Single Digital Gateway March 02nd, 2021 - Virtual EReg/EUCARIS Academy on the Single Digital Gateway: On 23 February 2021 the first virtual Academy on the Single Digital Gateway (SDG) took place. It was a collaboration between EUCARIS and EReg. More than 50 participants from 24 countries attended the meeting. Speakers during this event were the European Commission (Ms Hettel Varik, DG GROW), […]
- BREXIT effects on EUCARIS December 31st, 2020 - Due to BREXIT measurements, the UK no longer participates to the VDL, ERRU, RESPER, CBE and VAT services as of the 1st of January 2021. Situation UK: Only for the exchange of tachograph card information based on Council Regulation (EEC) no 3821/85 in combination with the respective AETR Agreement, the TACHOnet connection via TESTA will […]
Scheduled events and meetings:
- 26-01-2022 – EUCARIS Technical Working Group
- 22 to 24-09-2021 – EUCARIS General Assembly in Tallin (EST) = online meeting
- 28-10-2021 – EUCARIS Technical Working Group
- Finland (FIN2) connected for Toll (EETS) - December 02nd, 2021
- Austria (A) connected for ProDriveNet (via EC HUB) - November 25th, 2021
- Slovakia (SK) connected for Toll - November 23rd, 2021
- Denmark (DK2) connected with their fourth and final VAT service: VATALL VHOH - November 22nd, 2021
- Switzerland (CH) outbound only connected for IVI - November 14th, 2021